- If you are looking for someone to predict the stock market, or funds for you to invest in. We believe that markets are efficient; stock and fund picking is essentially down to luck, plus we don’t have a crystal ball!
- If you don’t want to be challenged. Our process produces robust financial plans, which will help you achieve your life goals. But, these can’t be put together without some challenging questions being asked and potentially tricky subjects dealt with.
- We can’t predict the future, nor can anyone else. We believe that the only time to invest is when you have the money, and the time to come out of the market is when you need the money. If you are looking for someone who believes they can time the market, we are not the partner for you.
If you want a planner who will work to understand what’s truly important to you, and then build a suitable plan, we could be the partner for you.
If you see the importance of creating a financial plan to support the delivery of your goals, you could be the right client for us.
But, there are some people for whom our service isn’t right. Please don’t consider us if:
- If you’re looking for someone to sell you a product, for example an Annuity. We are planners, we want to help you plan your future, we won’t simply sell you a financial product, which isn’t part of a plan.
- We won’t simply sign off an existing decision you have made, without making sure it’s in your best interest and part of a long-term plan designed to deliver your life goals. If we don’t believe it’s in your interest, we won’t do it.
- Set false expectations simply because it avoids a difficult conversation.
I feel your overall service has been most helpful, comprehensive and in my best interest. You always give clear guidance to the reason behind things and have made sure I'm on the right track and I know you are always at the other end of the phone should I need any help. I'm very happy with the service you provide, and look forward to continuing on track for the future. Elizabeth Osborn - Birmingham
You advise us on the optimisation of savings, investments and pensions guided by a sensitive awareness of our attitude to risk i.e. good, sensible, professional advice on the options available and their hidden and often unsuspected complexities/opportunities. Similarly, provide sound guidance on inheritance and general financial planning based on astute and sympathetic appreciation of our family circumstances. Exhibit easy approachability and patient tolerance of the questions of the financial layman. You give us great confidence and peace of mind that we are receiving advice based on professional competence, genuine concern for client care and, most important of all, personal integrity. Ed & Margaret Swatman, Rolleston On Dove
I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation and was impressed with your industry leading wealth management business. Thanks for sharing your feedback and the details of your wealth management process. Gregory J. Stark - MD at Russell Investments EMEA
I find your service exceptional and I was pleased that you took me on as one of your clients, I have no complaints to make as you are very informative at our meetings and explain everything in good detail, which makes it easier for me. Thanks for everything. Trevor Gallier - Walsall
Very clear explanations and patience with my ignorance/stupid questions. I feel much much more comfortable about my finances since using your services. Dr Una O’Sullivan - Egham
Over the past 22 years, I have worked with over 2,000 advisory teams in the UK, US and Canada. Most of these teams recognize their importance in helping clients achieve their financial vision. Those who are successful in serving this purpose create engaged clients and implement a referable service model. Common Sense Financial Planning’s ability to implement ranks among the best of those I have worked with. Steve Moore - President Moore Solutions